Klook

Stevo985

Has anybody used a company called Klook.com for airport transfers?

They seem to be pretty worldwide. They've come up as by far the cheapest and easiest options for my transfers in Bali and Kuala Lumpur in a few weeks but trying to find out if they're reputable or not.

Anybody got any experience?

Website is here

On 10/06/2018 at 11:53, Stevo985 said:

Has anybody used a company called Klook.com for airport transfers?

They seem to be pretty worldwide. They've come up as by far the cheapest and easiest options for my transfers in Bali and Kuala Lumpur in a few weeks but trying to find out if they're reputable or not.

Anybody got any experience?

Website is here

not used them myself , they are based out of Hong Kong but i read a few negative reviews of them from people making bookings ( wanted a scan of the credit card and passport , no response to emails )  ..but the usual caveat on web reviews , for every negative there is a glowing positive , so you have to use your own judgement

on their webiste they are charging £4.85 to Kuta  ..that seems about the same as a taxi at the airport assuming you get a kosher one

for KL it's about 50 km from the airport to the city ....  the taxi's work off a coupon system and would be about RM70 (from KL airport it s a fixed price to KL) for a budget taxi ( don't bother with a premier one)    ... Klook seemed slightly more expensive 

I usually email the hotels i'm staying at , they  don't usually  fleece me , most tend to just book you a local taxi with the peace of mind that they have your name on a board and remove the chances of being ripped off by a local driver   ... if nothing else  at least then you have a comparison cost , if it was  slightly dearer for a hotel v Klook I'd be inclined to opt for the hotel

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

not used them myself , they are based out of Hong Kong but i read a few negative reviews of them from people making bookings ( wanted a scan of the credit card and passport , no response to emails )  ..but the usual caveat on web reviews , for every negative there is a glowing positive , so you have to use your own judgement

on their webiste they are charging £4.85 to Kuta  ..that seems about the same as a taxi at the airport assuming you get a kosher one

for KL it's about 50 km from the airport to the city ....  the taxi's work off a coupon system and would be about RM70 (from KL airport it s a fixed price to KL) for a budget taxi ( don't bother with a premier one)    ... Klook seemed slightly more expensive 

I usually email the hotels i'm staying at , they  don't usually  fleece me , most tend to just book you a local taxi with the peace of mind that they have your name on a board and remove the chances of being ripped off by a local driver   ... if nothing else  at least then you have a comparison cost , if it was  slightly dearer for a hotel v Klook I'd be inclined to opt for the hotel

Cheers for the advice.

YEah they're the same as the taxis in Bali. And we don't have a long journey (Nusa Dua). I'ts just that we land at about 10:30 pm, so won't be looking for taxis until about 11pm, so was a bit worried about ending up stuck if there were no taxis about. 

So would prefer to have one booked beforehand.

Good stuff about KL. I'll probably leave that and get a normal taxi then

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cheers for the advice.

YEah they're the same as the taxis in Bali. And we don't have a long journey (Nusa Dua). I'ts just that we land at about 10:30 pm, so won't be looking for taxis until about 11pm, so was a bit worried about ending up stuck if there were no taxis about. 

So would prefer to have one booked beforehand.

Good stuff about KL. I'll probably leave that and get a normal taxi then

might have been bad luck as we landed around the same time as some packed Aussie flights but it took us around 2 hours to clear immigration in Bali

was a few years back so fingers crossed they've improved the situation now but have a bit of a google and see if long delays are  still the case  ...

• Like 1

Â