EFL Rooney rule

Guest av1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

For me if Dwight Yorke went to Bury, got them promoted moved on did the same etc. I could see his point

But he thinks he is entitled to a top job. Not just him same with Ryan Giggs. Its a trade and you have to learn from the bottom

If Dwight Yorker got himself a job as villa u19s coach 8 years ago, worked his way up through the youth system, made it to U23s boss did a good job but then couldn't get an interview for the villa managers role then I could see his point, to my knowledge he might have his playing career, he might have his badges but he doesn't have a CV

ae much as I don't like him Gerrard started as u19s coach at Liverpool, he's now u19s manager, in 5 years time wherever he is he'll have done his stripes so it's hard to begrudge him, I can imagine John terry will follow a similar path

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

What if the rule was written that interviews must be given to at least one coach of white, black and asian background if they have applied?

That way no white people will be denied an opportunity (lol) and the result would be exactly the same.

This rule is to give minorities an INTERVIEW, there’s no obligation to give them the job. If they’re Paul Ince or Dwight York then they’re obviously not going to get the job.

Why should someone's skin colour matter in the slightest? I hate quota box ticking exercises like this, further cements this 'us and them' mentality imo.

Football is full of foreign owners, players and managers from all corners of the globe. With the amount of money in the game plus how competitive it is, clubs will pay huge amounts just for that few percent edge of their competitors, are they really sabotaging themselves by ignoring better qualified minority candidates? 

• Like 1

Â