Outlast 2

villalad21

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Anyone dared taken this journey yet? I personally felt the original outlast was by a far the better game, but i don't regret my investment on O2

Played it last week and enjoyed it a fair bit.

I think the story in Outlast 2 is far stronger than the first, but it's told in such a way that most players will miss most of the good parts. Those that do spend the time piecing the story together though will find something rather compelling.

I personally preferred Outlast 1 as a game though. The pacing and length of Outlast 1 was vastly better with a far more consistent aesthetic, the insane asylum was just a better location. Outlast 2 was overly long for a run and hide horror game and the location after the first two hours just wasn't interesting enough. It didn't help matters either that I stopped being scared about 2 hours in so the game fast became a leisurely stroll through the woods than a horror game. All that aside I still enjoyed my time in Outlast 2 and the story will likely keep me coming back to it from time to time, but Outlast 1 was the better game.  

17 hours ago, Daweii said:

Played it last week and enjoyed it a fair bit.

I think the story in Outlast 2 is far stronger than the first, but it's told in such a way that most players will miss most of the good parts. Those that do spend the time piecing the story together though will find something rather compelling.

I personally preferred Outlast 1 as a game though. The pacing and length of Outlast 1 was vastly better with a far more consistent aesthetic, the insane asylum was just a better location. Outlast 2 was overly long for a run and hide horror game and the location after the first two hours just wasn't interesting enough. It didn't help matters either that I stopped being scared about 2 hours in so the game fast became a leisurely stroll through the woods than a horror game. All that aside I still enjoyed my time in Outlast 2 and the story will likely keep me coming back to it from time to time, but Outlast 1 was the better game.  

My problem with outlast 2 is that it felt like a running simulator. The hiding mechanic didn't feel rewarding at all, you're better off just by running to you're objective the entire game.

Â