Samuel joins Sam (Little)

villafan306

Jlloyd Samuel's time at Aston Villa will come to an end on July 1st when the left back moves to Bolton.

The 26 year old has had a rollercoaster career for Villa and has been a moot point in many threads over the last few seasons.

Samuel had one outstanding season for Villa (DOL's first season I believe) but since then playing with injuries has caused his performances to drop andd the boo boys got on his back.

Samuel showed glimpses of that form in subsequent appearances after his injury woes but never really got back to the level he was at.

Although he saw some first team action in the early part of the season, Wilfred Bouma has kept Samuel on the sidelines and as such MON has decided not to renew his contract which expires in just over a month.

And so Jlloyd becomes the first of the cull in the summer which will arguably be our brightest for some time. Lee Hendrie is expected to make a decision over his new club today also.

Upon signing Jlloyd for Bolton, manager Sammy Lee had this to say:

"I'm delighted that Jlloyd will join us and I think he will be an excellent signing. He's versatile and will offer us quality in a number of positions, which is vital for our squad. He's English, has youth on his side and I think he will give us a lot."

Good luck Jlloyd, thanks for your service here!

I'll second that. I don't think he ever lived up to the potential shown in 03/04. But when he did play, you could see it meant something to him. I remember being at Villa Park for when we played West Ham in 05/06 and it was his cross that led to Hendrie's headed opener. From his celebrations (along with Hendrie's) you could tell it meant a lot to him. Either that, or he was telling everyone where to stick it!!

I feel this guy never showed passion for AVFC, he had so many games where he never actually turned up. The fact MON never used him tells you what he had to offer this club NOTHING. One freeloader off the wage bill bring in players with flair and passion. Villa moving forward.

Good summing up there 306.

Was superb for one season.

But after the last two seasons, with the crowd reaction etc, best all round that he left, I'd say.

Â