phone problem

Guest av1

Good afternoon all, I've had a quick look through this part of the forum and I'm not sure where to post this so apologies if its in the wrong place.

My question/problem is that my phone has broke and there are photos on there that I would like to retrieve. How do I go about transferring them on to my laptop.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Second things second. A specific question / problem is not suitable for a general chat topic.

Like BOF says, you're going to need to tell us a little more if you want any response. That kind of phone? What do you mean by "broke"? How are the photos stored?

(and the obvious question - why didn't you have backups? They are automatic on most smartphones.)

Its a htc xone. I say mine, its actually my moms. She tells me that she dropped it and the broke the screen. I assume that the device itself is ok, just can't see anything due to the broken screen.

They are just saved to the phone, she didn't even have a memory card.

What BOF said. This won't work on all phones though as some appear as "cameras" rather than USB drives.

... and when she gets it replaced, launch the "Photos" app, go to settings and turn on "Auto Backup".

What BOF said. This won't work on all phones though as some appear as "cameras" rather than USB drives.

... and when she gets it replaced, launch the "Photos" app, go to settings and turn on "Auto Backup".

Thanks limpid. Apologies for putting my initial post in the wrong place.

Â