The Persona Series

hogso

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All eyes on the Xbox showcase as part of Summer Games Fest on Sunday ay 6pm (BST) - P3 Remake almost certainly going to be revealed formally, and with a recent domain name for 'P5T.jp' there's also speculation there will be another Persona 5 spin off, in addition to Phantom X which is a Chinese made, gacha mobile app thing. 

I really, really enjoyed Strikers, so something akin to that in the spin off states would be cool. The T could be...Tactics...a P5 tactical RPG...Tour...a P5 racing game...or perhaps Tournament, another Persona beat em up?

Persona 3 Reload does indeed look like the promised P5 style remake of P3, which version of P3 though? Well, it's not P3P, and if it isn't FES I wouldn't complain. 

P5T was indeed a P5 Tactical RPG, not sure I'm totally enamoured with it on the basis of this trailer, it looks very Persona Q. 

• 1 month later...
On 31/01/2023 at 14:01, hogso said:

Man, don't ever play Persona 3 or 4 if you think the opening is slow in 5!

The best tip for battles is to make sure to make effective use of enemy weaknesses, you can chain together magic attacks exploiting them to enable special attacks. 

This gets more difficult as you add members to your team, as you might be missing the magic type you need, but that's where your protags ability to use any persona comes in. As such, what ever he uses isn't really judged by what has the best attack power, or spells, but the element/s they use - as well as the resistances they have. 

I've just started Persona 4 Golden as with points I got it for £6 on the Switch store. I probably should have played this before P5, as visually it's several levels below, and looks a bit shit in comparison. Also you weren't wrong aboutit  taking ages to get going, blimey! Thinking of putting it to one side and having another play through of 5, which was superb.

8 hours ago, Risso said:

I've just started Persona 4 Golden as with points I got it for £6 on the Switch store. I probably should have played this before P5, as visually it's several levels below, and looks a bit shit in comparison. Also you weren't wrong aboutit  taking ages to get going, blimey! Thinking of putting it to one side and having another play through of 5, which was superb.

The really funny thing with P4G is they actually went to some lengths to try and improve the start of the game and make it feel more interactive and quicker when compared to the original opening in P4 :D

It's ridiculous tbh. Two hours in, and in that time about 30 seconds of battle, the rest just clicking never ending dialogue! Ye gads, get on with it!

• 2 weeks later...
Â