Okore - now Villa fan

My first post as a brand new Aston Villa Fan!

I must confess that Jores Okore is the reason that I suddenly find myself as a Villa fan. I have been following Jores Okore since his first game for FC Nordsjælland in March 2010. I remember that I was deeply impressed when this 18-year old kid was up against the star of them all in the Superliga Dame N’doye playing for FC Kopenhagen (now Spartak Moscow) and won the battle between the two.

Some facts about Jores Okore:

Dynamo Kiev, Fulham, Chelsea has already been offering app. 5 mio pounds for him but have all been turned down. Peter Schmeichel recommended him to Sir Alex in Man U. Top clubs such as Man U, Dortmund, Juventus, Liverpool have been following him for quite some time.

He has won 2 cup finals, 1 Danish Championship and 1 silver medal with FC Nordsjælland. He has been playing 7 matches for the National Team and was part of the National Team at the European Chamionship though he did not play. Besides he has been playing two seasons for the “league national team” in the winter break of the Superliga. He was last year named “Danish Talent of the Year” by the players of the National Team, Superligaen and 1st Division – in front of a player such as Christian Eriksen from Ajax. He has played 5 Champions League matches (was injured in the 6th).

Jores has been playing for FC Nordsjælland since his youth. He has been trained in FC Nordsjælland Barcelona inspired system with many passes and keeping the ball at the ground. One of his competencies is long diagonal passes forward.

The main forces of Jores is his physics (it is told that when using the former playing suit of FC Nordsjælland he needed to have special short due to his heavily muscular legs). He is seriously strong! He has for many years stated that his favorite league was the English league – especially due to the man-to-man fights during the match. Secondary force is his speed. He had the 10.th fastest sprint in the Superliga in the previous season and the fastest of all defenders. After the first Champions League match against Chelsea he told that he discovered that it did not matter if they passed him as he could easily run them up again.

Even though he is only 20 he is quite experienced. In Danish Forums it has been discussed if he is ready to play PrL. The absolute majority says yes (PrL is heavily exposed on Danish TV) though some skepticals aren’t absolutely sure. However almost everyone is sure that he is better than the excisting CB’s of Villa. 

Critical problems about Jores Okore: I see that many have seen the video from the Chelsea – FC Nordsjælland match. I much state that this was one of the best matches Jores have ever played. Even though I have seen many close to. Playing at the national team Jores have never played as well as he does for FC Nordsjælland. His top performance in the spring has not been as outstanding as it was in the autumn though mistakes coming from lacking experience have been minimized.

My personal judgment of Jores in PrL is that he is ready to take the step to a club placed in the middle of the league. However, being only 20 some mistakes might be seen still.

Of personality Jores is modest, hard working and popular among his team mates. Even though he has received quite some yellow cards he is a fair player. His opponents just tends to fall around him.

Sorry for eventually grammar mistakes.

Forza Villa - or whatever you Guys says...