Threads on smartphone

jadenb42

Question

thread, let's just choose the Everton thread in other football for example, it will take me to the first page of the thread and there seems to be no way of clicking a page number to jump to last page. I have to log out to get to the last page... So having a button to skip to last page or to have the page numbers avaliable

5 answers to this question

thread, let's just choose the Everton thread in other football for example, it will take me to the first page of the thread and there seems to be no way of clicking a page number to jump to last page. I have to log out to get to the last page... So having a button to skip to last page or to have the page numbers avaliable

Please see the FAQ or the other topics discussing this.

If you think that your problem is something different, please post your browser, phone type. Please try clearing cookies and cache and also try with another browser.

Hi Limpid, I have had minor annoyances with the mobile threads for some time. In your FAQ you state that your phone can't automatically take you to the latest page... but is there no way to bring in a manual button to do so? Reason being there are some threads I haven't looked at for ages, and there's been pages and pages of chat (ie. Benteke). I want to see if there's any news, latest development, etc . All I can do is keep clicking next page.. Over and over. After 10-11 refreshes I'm still reading posts that are days old. I've recently taken to switching to the web version, clicking last page and then changing back. It strikes me that a button at the bottom to take you to the latest page would be very helpful in these instances. This is only going to get worse as time goes on and there become threads I haven't read on my mobile for months.. years.

Thanks.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

I can't assist unless people supply the basic information I ask for in the "PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS FORUM topic at the top of the forum.

You can get around this by switching to the desktop mode temporarily. When you've finished reading the site, on desktop or mobile, click "mark forum read" and at least you only have to catch up from that point. Or you could try using the app (which has it's own forum here).

I can't change the software. We run IP.Board and this is how the software works. There are multiple interfaces to the site, I can only apologise if none of them do what you need.

Ok, I'll switch to desktop mode. The issue wasn't about marking unread, etc.. It was about not being able to quickly skip threads you haven't read... but if you can't change the software then that's fair enough, case closed. :-)

Â