Hey

Hi all.

Just thought I’d give a bit of information about myself. Despite my old man trying to get me to follow his beloved West Ham, I’ve been supporting Villa from the early nineties ever since I saw Dwight Yorke working his magic on Match of The Day. Until the age of about 14 the only game I used to go and watch each season was West Ham at home, but after  that I managed to get a few mates together for season tickets up until us all leaving for University. That was during the O’Leary years, so not the best time to be a Villa fan, and that along with my general disenchantment of English football and moving away from the area led to losing a bit of my connection to Villa.

However it’s been re-kindled this year with what Lambert has been trying to do . Ignoring the fact that we can’t defend, I love the way we try and play. It’s great to see a British core to the team with a few youth team graduates as well as a reasonable transfer and wage structure moving us towards a much more sustainable financial footing. I expect the summer and next season to bring more interest and excitement.

Other than Villa, I’m a keen follower of AS Roma and Serie A in general. There are plenty of parallels between the two at the moment, with Roma also having sensible American owners and plenty of young players as well and a similar inability to defend for much of this season. 

UTV