Prove it Marty!!!

ahamaad

by Kingrollo

artin O'Neill's man management skills are beyond reproach - as is his tactical ability. The short few weeks he has been at villa park has shown how quickly he can get things organised. If there is a question mark over him it is his ability in the transfer market.

Everyone agrees that we need new talent and lots of it at Villa Park. This isn't a case of the manager not utilising the available resources - he doesn't have much talent available to him at present. Whilst we are all wait with bated breath for the class to arrive, there appears to be a looming question as to whether the quality will arrive to build a great villa team - or is O'Neil going to try to repeat the Leceister team he built - squeezing the very best - out of average players to produce a good, but not great team.

Certainly the addition of Petrov and the links and purchases of ex Celtic players - doesn't bode well - we have to spread the net wider than Celtic old boys.

The other problem is that players aren't gettable in January - we shall see.

No doubt his top priority is a forward, and I would reckon Craig Bellamy is his number one target. But his recent form makes this highly unlikely - and reports today suggest that Crouch is more likley depart than the in form Bellamy.

Keane and Defoe have been long linked - Defoe would be a major surprise - Keane is just about feasible - but don't hold your breath. I have a hunch for Darren Bent from Charlton , maybe somekind of swap deal involving Baros could be on the cards.

The short term links - include Viduka, Nugent - neither of which I expect to materlise.

Centre back is area I do expect us to strenghen - Curtis Davis being my hot tip - to join us from WBA - Albion look to be out of the promotion race - and Mowbray seems very keen to stamp his own authority on the team. Possible swap deals including Aaron hughes or J Lloyd samuel could be on the cards - I am pretty confident that if O neil wants Curtis Davis - he is there for the taking.

Milner and Matt Taylor (Portsmouth) would appear to be midfield targets - both will take some moving. Milner the more likley as he enjoyed himself at Villa - Roeder is singing his praises at present - but just wonder how convinced Milner is ie - when a few injuries clear up - could Milner be back on the bench ?

Shaun Wright Philips and Zoltan Gera - are silly links in my opinion but lets wait and see !

Certainly the addition of petrov and the links and purchases of ex celtic players - doesn't bode well - we have to spread the net wider than celtic old boys.

this really gets up my nose, i've heard this from opposition fans critisicing villa and some villa fans

hes brought 1 player from celtic, who is quality and was one of there better players and a step up from what we would have bought if we didn't have new owners.

sutton and agathe would not be here if the transfer window wasn't shut, and if they would have had a price.

he needed to bolster the squad whats wrong with getting 2 freebies who he knows what he will get from them?

MON's talked about how he has scouts all over europe looking at players, hes not an idiot and won't just buy celtic players becuase they were good 3 years ago.

from MONs old celtic all i expect to see come to villa is shaun maloney, thats if MON is interested in him

you know that for certain sam I don't

as to the original comments I wouldn't totally agree with the suggestion he's tactically brilliant either, I'd for now, prefer tactically old fashioned, or maybe, one idea only, tactically.

as to man management I think there are a few not in the team who might not agree, playing Baros to build his confidence and then dropping him, a confidence player, for the biggest match of the season isn't my idea of brilliant management either.

if the money is as tight as some are predicting I think he'll excel, you are right otherwise, there aren't that many more over rated players left at Celtic, well Thompson, Lennon, Balde, I suppose.

right....

Bellamy, Crouch, Bent, Keane wont be coming to villa, all 4 are needed and wanted by there current clubs.

Defoe is a possibility but not a player i would be overjoyed to see at VP, certainly not at the £12million thats being quoted for him, not worth it, offers very little up front and can be bang on form and then disapear for months on end.

why people keep wanking about Curtis Davies i dont know, a talent but no better than what we already have in Ridge and Cahill, as for Hughes or J-LO leaving in swap deals i cant see it, not at all.

Matty Taylor scores 2 wonderful goals and for some reason is wanted at every club up and down the country, WHY? it was just 2 goals.

My gut feeling tells me that we may sign Bobo Balde, it wouldn't be a bad signing in my opinion. He's got a lot of experience which centre halfs lack ridgewell and Cahill are lacking. He is also a good age and shouldn't cost more than 8 million.

My gut feeling tells me that we may sign Bobo Balde, it wouldn't be a bad signing in my opinion. He's got a lot of experience which centre halfs lack ridgewell and Cahill are lacking. He is also a good age and shouldn't cost more than 8 million.

:shock: £8MILLION OF THE QUEENS ENGLISH POUNDS! are you nuts! we could have signed Robert Huth and have a couple of Djemba Djembas thrown in for £8million

:shock: £8MILLION OF THE QUEENS ENGLISH POUNDS! are you nuts! we could have signed Robert Huth and have a couple of Djemba Djembas thrown in for £8million

Sorry the currency i was thinking in is the non-monarchist Euro that im used to :winkold: 8 million euro is approximatley £5.5 million Sterling.

Sorry the currency i was thinking in is the non-monarchist Euro that im used to :winkold: 8 million euro is approximatley £5.5 million Sterling.

i wouldnt pay 5million turkish Liras (about £7.50p) for Balde.

Â