Gabor Kiraly Answers S.O.S

JohnCresswell

With Sorensen out injured to to the assault on him during the Middlebrough game, and Stuart Taylor sustaining injury on Monday night against Sheffield United, Martin O'Neill was today granted special permission to sign a goalkeeper on a one month emergency loan.

The results of Stuart Taylor's scan yesterday were not good for Villa's number two, ruling him out for a number of weeks and confirming that he needs knee surgery. With only Robert Olejnik left in the squad who can play in goal, Martin O'Neill has acted swiftly to sign up Hungarian Gabor Kiraly.

Kiraly will be remembered for his somewhat eccentric goalkeeping during the 2004/05 season when he played his one season in the Premiership with Crystal Palace. He moved there on a Bosman from Hertha Berlin, where he had become a bit of a cult hero with the German fans.

Kiraly pulled off some stunning saves during the Palace-Villa game at Selhurst Park, with the game eventually ending 1-1.

Famed for his preference of playing in tracksuit bottoms rather than shorts, he has 70 caps for Hungary but has recently fallen out with Peter Taylor and seen himself fall to third choice at Palace.

He has already had one short term loan deal this season, performing a similar task for West Ham United, but failed to get onto the pitch.

Good luck Gabor, and welcome to Villa Park.

Yes welcome Gabor. Desperate times. Robert Olejnik is an excellent young prospect and has had some good games for the reserves but I am far from sure he is ready to step up to the Premiership where performance and not making mistakes is key.

It will be interesting to see who gets the nod on Saturday!

Makes you realise how good Tommy really is and how consistent he has been for us in the last 3+ seasons.

Makes you realise how good Tommy really is and how consistent he has been for us in the last 3+ seasons.

i wud of thort ppl alrede realised how good he has been for us........ most ppl i spk to do actually nooo hes a very valuable player for us.

different ppls opinions tho, i agree with:

Robert Olejnik is an excellent young prospect

it is nice to no we have a youngster like that rede and w8in for the future

i wud of thort ppl alrede realised how good he has been for us........ most ppl i spk to do actually nooo hes a very valuable player for us.

different ppls opinions tho, i agree with:

Robert Olejnik is an excellent young prospect

it is nice to no we have a youngster like that rede and w8in for the future

I'm not a mod, but please stop the textspeak. Its the language of the chav.

Â