Rocksmith

Anyone else got this?

I've had a guitar for years but never made much progress with it. I can play some basic chords but I'm no guitarist.

After four days on this I've certainly improved probably because I'm playing much more frequently but also because can 'see' where I'm struggling and the riff repeater is really helping me practise those areas. Especially the ability to slow down tricky sections and slowly increase them upto full speed.

Really loving Rocksmith.

Yeah it is decent for me. Id say its perfect for someone in the sweet spot of not being a total beginner but also not being really good- ie you know chord shapes can play scales etc but struggle on full songs and solos.

It helps keep me focused on practicing and I am definitely getting better- i can see myself using this for a long time. Already I've gone from barely playing to practicing half hour to an hour most days.

You do need to sort out how you connect your xbox to your tv though to reduce lag- I use a component cable and a feature on my tv to turn lag down.

Pro tip- there is an option to reverse the lines so it is the same as tab- I found everything much easier once I had done that.

Â