laptop repairs

Jimzk5

ive got an acer something or other and the pin has broken off the charge port at the back, rendering it completely useless, the replacement part i think i need ive found on ebay for £5, i asked around a few of these shops and was quoted minimum £60 up £80 to replace it, of course my natural instinct was to tell them to **** right off.

so does anyone know how hard it is to do? tools required (i do already have a hammer) and things to be wary of when opening the thing up?

many thanks

A word of warning. The headphone thing went on my old ipod. I watched a simple enough video of how to repair it on youtube. Bought replacement part and the world's smallest screwdrivers and attempted to fix it.

Completely knackered the ipod. :)

i only used it for the net, for the prices i was being quoted to get it fixed i could buy one of these http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/25419227/661705414/Senua-ePad-7-Inch-Android-4-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-A8-1-2Ghz-4GB-Tablet-PC/ListingDetails.html" cheap i pad things, but the missus used it for writing documents for work, im using a compaq thats 12 years old at the moment, its got the processing speed of a confused pensioner and if i want to save something i have to delete something

Â