Match Preview: Villa v Blackburn

villafan306

Match Preview: Villa v Blackburn

Aston Villa v Blackburn Rovers

Barclays Premiership

Villa Park

Sunday 5th November

Kick Off: 14:00

Whilst Villa's away form is somewhat questionable (no wins away this season!) our home form is almost impeccable. We have yet to be beaten at home and are turning Villa Park into something of a fortress. Reading, Newcastle and Charlton have all been defeated in B6 whilst Fulham and Spurs were both lucky to grab a point. And tomrrow will see Mark Hughes' Blackburn Rovers team, who are plagued by injuries, try to be the first away side to win at Villa Park this season.

Blackburn have lost their last two league games, including a somewhat embarrassing defeat at the hands of bottom side West Ham. Blackburn made a disappointing start to a season which seemed so promising for them. A UEFA Cup spot was overshadowed by their inability to pick up points in the first few league games. Surprisingly they were rooted at the foot of the table with nothing but poor performances. They soon picked up however, and now lie firmly in the mid-table area.

Any game against Blackburn for Villa usually means a torrent of abuse will be thrown at one Robbie Savage. Whilst that may still be the case tomorrow, the Welshman will not be taking any part in the game due to a hamstring injury he picked up in the midweek UEFA Cup tie with Basel. They won the game 3-0 which will no doubt improve confidence for the northerners. Australian midfielder Brett Emerton who was linked with Villa in the summer, is a doubt for this game with a hamstring injury.

As far as our team goes there will probably not be many changes. Gavin McCann is hoping to be fully fit to replace Issah Osbourne in midfield whilst Chris Sutton and Dider Agathe are still short of match fitness.

My prediction for this one is that a tired and injury plagues Blackburn side will be physical and the game won't be pretty but just like last season's game at Villa Park I am predicting a 1-0 win for Villa.

Finally, a big thanks to Randy Lerner for my free ticket to this game. It is indeed a grand gesture to offer non-renewing ex-season ticket holders a chance to come back and sample the atmosphere. The club isn't losing anything - the seats would most likely have been empty and if anything they will make more money from food and programmes etc, and the fans feel welcomed by the new boards generosity and we can only hope that Lerner decides to go the whole way and send me a free half season ticket for praising him here (well it's worth a shot isn't it?).

......Perhaps I have simply, not connected with your sense of humour, but you sound like a user rather than a supporter.Randy Lerner's Generosity seems to have no bounds..... Perhaps we fans can take a lead from the manager, who seems hell bent on conserving Randy,s money to ensure we all get value........Perhaps we the fans can show our appreciation to Randy by turning up to support our team and paying up Full price like we seemed to do for the other incumbent, that we all moaned about for 30 years...... DON'T KILL THE GOOSE THAT LAYS THE GOLDEN EGG.

Accept Randy's generosity with the sincerity that it deserves........ BUT DON'T COME TO EXPECT IT.

Â