VillaTalk Fantasy Baseball League

maqroll

I'm starting a fantasy baseball league for VillaTalkers...there's 7 of us so far. We need at least 8, preferably 10 or 12, at most 14.

It will be through Yahoo.com, you will need an account with them if you don't have one already.

There will be a live draft at a time of our choosing, (mid March) and it will take around 90 minutes to complete our rosters.

The season will run from April through mid September and is free to play.

Because they play so many games in baseball, in order for your team to be competitive, you will need to be an active manager, essentially keeping an eye on your players on just about a daily basis. Or at least be checking the schedule and selecting your team for the next few days accordingly.

There will be 5 pitching and 5 offensive scoring categories, I'll probably just set them up using the basic Yahoo default categories, like Home Runs, Runs Batted In, Strikeouts, Earned Run Average. If you are not comfortably familiar with the rules of baseball, you might not want to participate, because it's intricate and there are a lot of terms and abbreviations that are specific to baseball.

The Yahoo fantasy site does give a concise description of terms and rules, etc.

You can sign up for live Mock Drafts to practice your drafting strategy and get familiar with the setup.

Each team will play another's team over the course of a week, and whoever takes more categories, gets a win for the week. 5-5 counts as a draw during the regular season.

I was never interested in Fantasy sports until I was dragged into a friend's league a few years ago, and now I'm hooked. It's a lot of fun.

PM me if interested, and if you have any questions.

Mike

Â