PS3 HDD Corrupt Loop

Wainy316

Ok, so my PS3 froze and I had to pull the mains plug out.

Now when I switch it on I am greeted by a message saying that the DD is corrupt and it needs to restore. The restore process begins and when it's finished the PS restarts only for me to have the same message again. Thus the process begins again.

Does anybody have any idea how to solve this. Formatting is not an option, I'd rather not have a PS3 anymore than have to start all over again with it.

Should of got an X-Box :(

I wanted to quickly check something out on the internet a few weeks ago. I was on my PS3 but couldn't be bothered to turn my laptop on so I used the awful internet explorer on my PS3. It crashed and I turned it off and on again. I got the message that you mentioned and I done what it said. It only took a couple of minutes then it was done. I do use the internet on it quite often for certain things. I'm on it now actually. If it ever freezes I just turn it off and when I turn it back on and that message is on the screen I just press circle and ignore it. It's only been coming up since the last system update anyway.

Yeah it happened to me before where it restored and then it was ok, but now I have the dreaded loop. The only options I've seen on a google search involve formatting. That's 2 years of game saves and downloads etc. I refuse to do it, I'd rather just throw it out the window.

Â