World of Tanks

Juju

Anyone tried this?

It'sa free game, and certainly playable as such, although like many free games, there are certain things you can buy with cold hard cash.

Its a tank simulator, with pvp battlegrounds. I am finding it pretty enjoyable to play. You find as you get more experience you earn xp, which with in game earned gold, you can "spend" upgrading the tank you have, and then buying a better one.

I am finding it fun, for free. Theres two other similar games coming out, world of battleships, and world of warplanes, which will be similar.

• 1 year later...

I've been playing it since April and have mostly tier 7 tanks and some tier 6 tanks, but I'm taking a break from it now.  I tended to play Tank Destroyers mostly.  I bought a DMax premium TD, which once the crew had 100% plus 1 skill was a lot of fun.  I used to like playing Artillery until they were made too difficult to play (knocked out 7 tanks in an M7 before the changes). 

I'm tending to think that deveopers need to make improvements to keep more experienced players.  Friends who also play have told me that from Tier 8 onwards its very difficult to earn credits from battles, forcing players to spend money.  i find it funny that developers are obsessive about balancing tanks and making them historically accurate in stats, but then make "pay to win" premium ammo available to buy.

I used to be into WW2 aircraft when i was a kid, tanks didnt interest me, but I much prefer WoT compared to WoWP.   War Thunder should be interesting when ground vehicles become available to play.

Â