European Experience

Ive heard a lot of talk that we lack European experience and I think i started to see why last night.

Firstly the refs are different, not the standard we are used to, language barriers which means communication is harder, rules even applied differently. We need players that understand and adjust to that. When Mcginn and Dougie got frustrated, they rushed into niggly challenges in silly places, often losing the momentum in the game. How often did we see Bailey or Watkins chase down a full back and the full back just wait for contact.

Secondly we need to learn to just stay in games. Unai always talks about control. At 2 all we could have consolidated and put our foot on the ball. Instead we chased.

Thirdly we need that squad. The ability to bring in players that can fit seemlessly with others. I think weve seen from Lenglet that he can be trusted over a run of games but in the odd game he isnt match sharp enough. Tim it feels isnt trusted. You can get away with this in the early rounds of competitions. 

• Like 1

Â