Hello from a Yam Yam

Dave-R

Hi all my name is Dave and as the title suggest I'm from wolves down the road.

Now you all may been wondering he is in the wrong place, well not really. You see when i was a kid living in wolverhampton my dad was a west brom fan, my grandad was Walsall fan and my uncle was a wolves fan, so it was a bit of a competition between them as to who I would end up supporting. So you could imagine to there shock when I finally picked my team when I was around 11 year old, choosing aston villa didn't sit well with any of them, be it family, friends or anyone who knew me, which made me want to be villa all the more. Thing is being in wolves, being a young boy at school seeing how many of my friends supported the likes of wolves, arsenal, man u, Blackburn and so on, it made more sense to me to show my allegiance to villa even more. One of the greatest matches I watched was the 1994 3-1 win at the coca cola cup with the likes of Dean Saunders and dalian Atkinson, Paul McGrath, Townsend, bosnich and Staunton, was epic.

Now though I live in a completely different city (yorkshire) to the place I grew up as a kid and the  banter is great, I will be going to the games between villa and Wednesday as well as villa and sheff utd. 

I do find this funny because I believe your kids should support who you support and my son being born in Sheffield tries to raise the sheffield utd name in the house, with which I have none of it. So to make it clear I got him is very own footy shirt and told my son there is only One footy shirt that rules anywhere especially this house, so I gave him is aston villa shirt and the shock in his face was classic.

Again hi to you all and Thank you for taking the time to read.