Hello from Moscow/West Midlands!

Hi!

I started supporting Villa around about when I started showing an interest in football, in about 2008/9.  The first Villa game I went to see was a 2-1 win against Burnleh in the League Cup back in October 2010.  Dalian Atkinson was the player who ignited my interest in football, with his place, skill, and trickery.  I was devastated when he passed away a year ago.

I was born and raised in the sunny West Midlands (Aldridge, to be precise), but I did a Bachelor's degree in History and Russian Studies at the University of Birmingham, where I graduated with the best marks for Russian out of my year group in July 2016.  As part of my uni course, I lived in Russia twice:  for 3 weeks in Petrozavodsk in North-Western Russia (in the Karelia region, near the border with Finland), spent a few days exploring St. Petersburg, and then in 2014 and 2015, I spent a year living in Moscow and absolutely loved it.  I miss the place a lot now.

Hopefully, we'll get promoted this season!  2015-16 was the first time Villa have been relegated from the Premier League in my lifetime!