Hello from East London

Hi All VilaTalkers,

Started lurking Villa related sites a few years back and none compared to the balance/entertainment/insight of VT, so much so I have been a daily lurker the last couple of years, finally thought I should take the plunge to enable me to interact.

Irish born, currently living in East London supporting the villa since the early 90's. The Irish connection was the thing that first attracted be to the Villa all those years ago (God, later Staunton Houghton etc.) when I was pressured into taking an interest in football during secondary school. I could have gone for the traditional 'pool or manure route but no, I wanted to be different. It was working out to be a good decision, 2 x league cups, challenging for the title etc. in those early days, Aw the memories but they have paled in comparison to the last few years (5ish more like) of torture under Learner. Last season, the takeover, the spending all the excitement before a ball was even kicked and then well we started kicking the ball around, results were not going our way and realisation struck, we will have to put that season down to experience and plan for the new, and here we are 4 games in.

Anyway, I'm going on a bit now looking forward to get involved.

MickeyC_UTV