Competition: Win The DVD Book Of Aston Villa

JohnCresswell

From time to time we get a couple of copies of things to give away to you, the great folk of VillaTalk. Naturally, we give them a nice review and a plug to buy it if you not lucky enough not to win our competition but still really want a copy.

Well this time I can categorically say that this is the best DVD package that the good people at ILC Media, who produce these packages, have released so far. Well, in my opinion at least.

Until now I was not really familiar with the concept of a DVD book. Perhaps it's the next big 'thing' for Christmas - similar to how the 'DVD Game' market suddenly rears its head about this time every year.

The book itself is 127 pages with topics split into alphabetical order. Whilst featuring more heavily on the near history of Villa, it does have sections on Harry Hampton, Gerry Hitchens, William McGregor, Pongo Waring and of course the place where it all started - the Villa Cross Wesleyan Chapel.

It's a glossy, hardback book about the size of a cd case, but obviously with so many pages it's much thicker. It contains a fair few facts that I had never heard before - for example, did you know that Aston Villa played only one match against Birmingham City when they went under the name Small Heath? The game was played in the 1870s and was so one-sided that we won 22-0. One prankster even brought out a chair for our goalkeeper, George Copley, to sit on!

When I see the Aston Villa factfile books that are released around Christmas time I often despair as generally, they seem to be lazily written and put together, but Ian and Claire Welch have done a really good job on this one.

The DVD is a rather nice collection of goals which leave you remembering a hell of a lot of good times. Yorke's cheeky lob against Arsenal, Allback, Carlton Cole (!) Carbone and a fantastic Angel effort against Portsmouth all feature. There's some great goals on there which I'd forgotten about - Tommy Johnson's against Leicester was simply superb.

So then, we have two copies to give away. What we want you to do is give us your predictions for the next four league games coming up. That's Man Utd at home, Bolton away, Derby at home, and Birmingham City away. Lets hope that one ends up the same as that 22-0 victory! One point is awarded for the correct result, three points for the correct score. As a tiebreaker, please include what you think will be the total attendance for these four games, as given on the Official website.

In the unlikely event of a further tie, we will draw names out of a hat.

Please submit your entries to editor@villatalk.com. Entries will be taken up until 17.00 on Saturday (UK time).

The Aston Villa DVD book is available now, with a RRP of £9.99, and a price of £5.99 from Amazon.

Â