Youtube videos

Dodgyknees

I'm going to be one of those [add insult here] who puts tech/geek videos on Youtube. In particular unboxing videos. I know.

I've got a Zbox on it's way to me for my first video. 

Wondering if anybody else has attempted tech videos on Youtube?

Any tips?

Never done it but I'd say the best tip is just to get stuck in.  Doesn't matter if nobody watches them to begin with, it's all experience about getting your camera work right and and getting your patter down.  

33 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Never done it but I'd say the best tip is just to get stuck in.  Doesn't matter if nobody watches them to begin with, it's all experience about getting your camera work right and and getting your patter down.  

Yeah good advice. To be honest I don't mind having no viewers, I just fancy doing something for fun. I've even put together a video intro, it's not perfect but it's decent for a first attempt. Do you watch unboxing videos? Or what sort of youtube videos do you watch?

2 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Be as crispy as MKBHD

Have dog like Buddy on Tech of Tomorrow

Be as well filmed as HardwareCanucks

Have puppets like Techmoan

Be as personable as the Baron :)

I've got a cat who is weird, do you think that'd work? :P

I don't watch unboxing videos.  I tend to watch edutainment, video games and football stuff.  I do know that if your intro is longer than five seconds then it's probably too long though. 

5 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Yeah good advice. To be honest I don't mind having no viewers, I just fancy doing something for fun. I've even put together a video intro, it's not perfect but it's decent for a first attempt. Do you watch unboxing videos? Or what sort of youtube videos do you watch?

I've got a cat who is weird, do you think that'd work? :P

I've heard that cats are quite popular. 

Â