Hello there VillaTalk

Sgl

Well Hello!

I've been reading and browsing VT for years but with the Dr, the change to the championship and all the ins and outs happening, i thought i'd finally take the plunge and actually start contributing instead of just reading the forums (and after the debacle in the cup this week, i need to share my despair as a coping mechanism!). I'm Irish, based in the midlands, work in R&D / Academia and I've been a villa fan since God first appeared in the claret and blue. I get over to about three or four home games a year - but i have to admit, my attendance does seem to coincide with defeats. The first villa game i actually attended was an away game at arsenal about a decade ago, (5-0 sadly), and the best experience i had last year as a villa fan was sitting in the stands explaining to my better half why the crowd were waving plastic snakes and hissing when a certain individual appeared in a man city top. I probably skew slightly more positive than the average VT contributor but I've been getting more than my fair share of stick from smug coworkers since the unthinkable was confirmed last May, so I'm not sure how long that will last in the championship.