Super Shaun Shears The Sheep!

JohnCresswell

I'm sorry for the title, I really am.

Tonight an under strength Villa team brushed away League two team Wrexham with ease, scoring five goals in the progress.

With all the transfer talk beforehand, you could have been forgiven if you had forgotten about tonights game. The possible transfer of Knight and Routledge, and even Curtis Davis and Jermaine DeFoe has really over shaddowed whats going on the pitch with the players we do actually have.

I wasn't at the game, so this is't going to be the most thorough of match reports, but as soon as one of you nice chaps submits one to us it'll be up.

It was on the half hour mark when Shaun Malney broke the deadlock, and settled a few nerves beginning to creep in. A wonderful goal, curled in with his right foot. Shaun may be homesick, but whenever he is on the pitch he never lets us down and Martin O'Neill really needs to keep hold onto the wee Scotsman.

It was two just after half time, when Luke Moore scored his first goal of the season. A header from Barry's cross made it 2-0, and then shortly after Nigel Reo-Coker made it three, his first goal for Villa after a mistake in the Wrexham defence.

Harewood hit the post and Gabby Agbonlahor, starting on the wing missed a few opportunities throughout, but Villa made it four when Maloney struck his second - a low strike from way outside of the box and then five when Marlon Harewood's shot at the near post was deflected into the back of the net.

Job done, nice one Villa. This could have been a potentially difficult game. Now onto signing some players, Mr O'Neill!

Â