Pubs

wedge

As I live about a ten-minute walk away from St Mary's, I thought I'd try and offer some guidance to fellow Villans!

The places to head for pre-match are:

Yates's - Open from 9am - 113-117 Above Bar Street, SO14 7FH - This is the main away pub and has been a focal point for Villa fans for the last two seasons here, it's right at the top of the high street and within easy walking distance of the ground as it's between St Mary's and Southampton Central railway station. From the station, go out of the main exit, turn left and walk up the hill, keep going straight until you come to the second set of traffic lights, turn right and it's on your right, you can't miss it. Failing that, use maps on your phone! It was absolutely rocking last year for the midweek fixture and one of the staff who I know is a Villa fan so the music usually has a claret-and-blue theme! It's recently been renovated and with large upstairs and downstairs areas it can accommodate large numbers of away supporters. Expect thirsty (and hopefully victorious) Villans to flock back here en masse after the game.

The Giddy Bridge - Open from 8am -  10-16 London Road, SO15 2AE - A typical Weatherspoons pub with upstairs seating and a beer garden, just up the road from Yates's and as it's a Spoons will be open and serving very early. Again, within walking distance of the both the ground and station.

The Standing Order - Open from 7am - 30 The High Street, SO14 2DF -  Weatherspoons. Follow instructions as if heading for Yates's but carry on down the High Street past until you see it on your left further down, one for early arrivers/starters!

The Admiral Sir Lucius Curtis - Open from 8am - Canutes Pavilion, SO14 3JS - Another Spoons, near to the ground and there's ample parking just around the corner with relatively cheap prices compared to elsewhere in the city. Probably too far to walk from the station but will suit those arriving by car.

I hope this helps!

Â