Montenegro

CVByrne

Yep! Ive been before. Kotor is very pretty, and you can easily spend a day walking the windy streets taking in the views of the mountain behind. We also went to Sveti Stefan for a couple of beachy days. The beach is pebbles, but it is quite pretty and again is nice for a day or so. If you haven't been to Dubrovnik before I recommend spending some of your week there and perhaps seeing an island off the coast there.

Hope you have a blast!

• 1 month later...

I had an AMAZING time in Montenegro. What a truly stunning place. Started with Budva which had lots of Russians but had excellent seafood and has all the beaches. Plus had an aswsome club called Hilltop for the nights. So 3 days there and then we went to Kotor which is an old fortress town in a stunning bay. Two days there was plenty, nothing more fun than renting jetskis to roam the bay yourself. Next we went up to the mountains, which was only 2 1/2 hours drive away. We did rafting down Europes deepest canyon, also walked around stunning black lakes, it's all a national park. Ended with 2 nights in Dubrovnik which is as expensive as Dublin but it's rather beautiful but a bit too busy.

Montenegro also uses the Euro which was very convenient. I have to say I think anyone considering somewhere in summer who is sick of busy spots elsewhere in the Med should check it out. I've been pretty much everywhere now in Europe and this was one of the best. 

• Like 1

Â