Hello again...

Hi Villa community,

Fan from Bournemouth back after many years absent. I used to log in to VillaTalk religiously when I lived in Sweden as a way of remaining connected with the club I supported for about 20 years now.

There was often a sense of pessimism on here in the past and I wanted to see whether the Mighty Lambert has pulled our supporters together. I absolutely love what he is doing. Last season was exhilarating, flirting with relegation but, with balls like watermelons, I never doubted the fire in the Villa belly. A wonderful finish to an extremely productive season, flushing out the high earning players in their comfort zones and promoting a tenacious young squad - and showing phenomenal courage in sticking by them through thick and thin (wafer thin in Bennett's case!).

We've acquired some excellent players, Okore in particular, on top of our key players staying and I'm confident the boys will deliver a strong season this time. Top half.

I hope we get shot of Given, Bent and Ireland to afford future pay rises for our best performing, committed young players.

Up the Villa. Sustainably this time.