Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

limpid

Question

I've created an account, why can't I post?

• Please see the first forum in your list. It's called "Welcome" and has the description "New posters please start here". Please start there.

Is there a VillaTalk app?

• VillaTalk is responsive and changes depending on the device you are using. There is no app.

I'm a new user, why can't I start topics and why am I limited to add a certain amount of content per day?

• When you are accepted as a poster to the site, there are certain restrictions on your posting. They will be lifted when they are lifted. If you've been in this situation for over a week and have been posting, PM limpid.
  • You are only allowed to create 5 pieces of contact per day. A piece of content is a post or a private message.
  • You are not able to create a signature.
  • You DO have access to create a new topic in the "Site Issues" forum. Unless you are over your daily limit for content.
  • You can't upload an avatar.
  • Over the years we've found that new posters wanting to start topics usually don't look for an existing suitable thread or are posting spam. We've had people signup in the past and spam every thread on the first page of the main VillaTalk forum. There is also a limit on how many PMs you can send.
  • Supporters of other clubs will initially be in this status. If you feel you want to become a full member, contact @limpid by PM.

How do I add short links?

• Type the text you would like to be displayed, highlight it and click the "Link" button in the editor. You will be prompted to past e in the URL you are linking to.

Timestamps on posts are not correct?

• Click on your login name in the top right
  • Click "My Settings"
  • Change your time zone settings

How can I change my user name?

• Please visit the store linked at the top of the page.

1 answer to this question