Euro 2012: Anyone going to Ukraine?

roonst83

Just wondering if anyone is heading to the Ukraine for the Euros with England?

Me and a couple of mates are heading out there for the opening game against France - and are flying into Kiev and will make our way to Donetsk. However we are just trying to work out the best ways of getting to the game (and back to Kiev to fly out a couple of days later) as both cities are quite some distance away - there was talk about a brand new high speed train being set up in time for this - but I havnt heard anything about it.

Realise its a long shot but is anyone in a similar position? Or does anyone have more info on best (cheapest) methods of getting to and from Kiev to Donetsk?

Cheers

Not entirely sure, I may try and get a ticket to a match or just go to soak up the atmosphere.

I'm quite excited to finally have a proper manager in control of England.

Have lots of family in Poland and the language barrier shouldn't be an issue....not in Poland anyway...will have to be a phrasebook in Ukraine.

Im going over to the Sweden match ... Fly in and out of Kiev where the match is.

I was put off by the France fixture as getting to Donetsk seemed hassle. There were no direct flights, and accomm there is sparce to say the least. Im sure there are pretty cost effective ways though, the fast train seems the best.

Go on twitter and tweet to @englandfans and they'll be loads of people who will help advise.

Â