Christmas in New York

briggaman

I'm considering splashing out on a Christmas trip to New York, yet I don't want to spend over £3,000 (the lower the better). It would be for three people in total (myself included).

Are there any hotels that any of you could recommend? Or perhaps any areas that it is best to stay in.

Are there any pieces of advice that any of you could offer?

Is it worth renting a car or is it better just to use the taxi system?

If any of you have been during Christmas time then is it worth going? I just think it looks amazing at Christmas time and I would love to see a show on Broadway and all of the other sights.

Im going in november for 4 nights, staying at The Best Western Plus President Hotel at Times Square. It looks pretty decent and it a great location, we booked with flights from heathrow for £1400 for the 2 of us. I know christmas will be more expensive but this was cheaper than we'd previously seen. I've never been so don't really have any advise for when your there but can provide this when i return. I've been told there's no point in hiring a car around new york, you can either walk or use the public transport to get around.

Any advise from other i would also appreciate.

Â