Chromebooks

Dodgyknees

Moved to a new thread as off topic in Android.

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

Got myself a Chromebook and I'm super impressed. Anybody got any tips or some apps to recommend?

I use very few apps, but a fair few chrome extensions and PWAs. This means I get the same experience regardless of device.

It doesn't really matter anymore though as I only use Chrome devices :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

What extensions do you use? I'm in the process of moving from Apple to Android and Chrome.

I assume that you were already using Chrome on MacOS (as it's faster), so all the extensions you were using will come over through the usual sync.

Google's picture-in-picture extension is useful. I've got the Logitech extension for managing their dongles. Cog is useful for showing hardware status. I have tens of extensions installed, but they aren't Chromebook specific. Examples:

• Guard.io
  • save to google tasks
  • save image as type
  • Google Docs offline (not sure if this still does anything)
  • Google Keep
  • Google Translate

14 minutes ago, limpid said:

I assume that you were already using Chrome on MacOS (as it's faster), so all the extensions you were using will come over through the usual sync.

Google's picture-in-picture extension is useful. I've got the Logitech extension for managing their dongles. Cog is useful for showing hardware status. I have tens of extensions installed, but they aren't Chromebook specific. Examples:

• Guard.io
  • save to google tasks
  • save image as type
  • Google Docs offline (not sure if this still does anything)
  • Google Keep
  • Google Translate

Nice one. Cheers Limpid.

Â