Hi Villa Talk!

Hello!

Long time lurker, resurrecting a very old account with a new name.

Villa fan through my Dad, who moved down from Sutton Coldfield to London when he was young but stuck with his footballing roots.

I've lived in London my whole life aside from Uni, moved from South West to North East a few years ago to live with my girlfriend, who became my wife in April this year. I had to miss the Brentford game but was kept up to date on the score! She even let me watch the Spurs game on our honeymoon. Definitely a keeper.

My first trip to Villa Park was Charlton in 2006 and I made the trip with my Dad at least a couple of times a season until he moved out of the country a few years ago. I've been back since with my wife but making it a regular has proven difficult so far. Seen us play at Wembley 3 times (unfortunately 3 losses - still mad at Phil Dowd), a couple of away victories at Spurs and West Ham.

Best game I've been to: Villa 5-1 Birmingham

Best goal I've seen live: John McGinn vs Sheffield Wednesday

Favourite player: Tyrone Mings

I love the youth football since they started showing it on Villa TV, so I keep up with that where I can. We've got some top talent coming through.

So excited to watch this team under Emery and to see where NSWE can take us in the longer term. It's going to be a great season! UTV