Wednesday fan

Fair play today...I thought Wednesday were the better team second half...but you have to take your chances...We didn't..you did...Hands up, fair enough.

Heres where we might well fall out though...

I don't want Villa to go up...Wednesday have been stuck down here for 20 years..Villa have dipped their toes in...and are in with a chance of going up, while probably turning our hopes into ashes...again

but its not that...Its not actually that which makes me hope you stay down...Its simply seeing the Leppings lane end full of passionate supporters, and having owt like an atmosphere.

I can remember you lads coming when you went up from the old 3rd division..many years ago, and I remember admiring your constancy, your support after a few years in the doldrums.

I remember going to Villa park in the 70's and seeing a proper old football stadium , where you only had to stand in there to feel the history...Ive been many times since, and l is, and probably will remain, my favourite away ground...(Peter Withe did still score the worst ever winning goal in a European cup final though..but not WITHEstanding that..I'm glad you won it)

So..I hope you stay down here....for all the right reasons from my point of view, no doubt you lads will think differently, but I'm not mithered about that, seeing the away end peopled by fans of one man and his dog depresses me...so long may you continue to be down here with us...

(Unless you play the Blades in the play offs...then the best of luck)

• Like 1