Gmail default (Chrome)

Dodgyknees

Is there any way to keep an email address as the "default" Gmail on Chrome?

- I have one email logged in to sync all bookmarks (passwords, payment methods) I need, and I have three other email addresses (two for work, one personal).

I had the personal one as default, but after my computer updated it set the sync email as default without me knowing. The other one had been the default for weeks. I accidentally sent an email from the wrong email address (work) instead of personal.

I logged out of all email addresses, logged into the personal account first, then logged into the sync, then the other two. I then went onto the Windows partition of my mac, installed updates, came back to OS and it had gone back to the bloody sync bookmarks email as default.

Can I transfer bookmarks to the personal email so I can then keep that as the sync account? I don't want to keep logging in and out.

Edited by Dick

7 hours ago, Dick said:

Is there any way to keep an email address as the "default" Gmail on Chrome?

- I have one email logged in to sync all bookmarks (passwords, payment methods) I need, and I have three other email addresses (two for work, one personal).

I had the personal one as default, but after my computer updated it set the sync email as default without me knowing. The other one had been the default for weeks. I accidentally sent an email from the wrong email address (work) instead of personal.

I logged out of all email addresses, logged into the personal account first, then logged into the sync, then the other two. I then went onto the Windows partition of my mac, installed updates, came back to OS and it had gone back to the bloody sync bookmarks email as default.

Can I transfer bookmarks to the personal email so I can then keep that as the sync account? I don't want to keep logging in and out.

I'm logged into work and personal all the time and I've not seen this behaviour. Are you sure you don't just have a broken cache?

I use my personal bookmarks, but if Gmail is open as work, it's just work and if I have personal Gmail open in another tab, it's only personal. They don't mix. Same on my Chromebooks.

Â