Aussie Villa fan

Macca49

Hi guys. Been lurking for a few months so though it was time to join up lol. I'mm a 55 year old Aussie who has followed the Villa since October 1978. I remember watching Match Of the Day and seeing this team draw 2-2 with Man U. I loved their shirts and so a passion was born. I've been lucky enough to see a live game at Villa Park -a 4-0 loss to Blackburn - in August 1997 and I follow the results and fortunes of the team over the years. The highlight has been winning the title in 1981 and following it up to take the European Cup in 1982. The 1994 League Cup Final win was a great game.

The boys are doing well right now and hopefully we can keep it and get back into the Premier League. My only worry is how hard it is to stay up but I'm guessing the club has big plans lined up to make sure if we get up then we stay up.

I'm married with 2 kids, and follow other sports like Aussie rules, the NFL and baseball. I am a massive Beatle fan and have visited most of their landmarks around the world. my hobbie include playing my bass, writing screenplays, reading and gaming - BF 1 my current favorite game.

Anyway thought it was time to chip in. love reading you guys thoughts as you are going to the games and are right in amongst it all. Love watching fans footage on YT

cheers all

• Like 1