Validation request

I have just been browsing the JT thread.  Seeing that I have been a Chelsea supporter for 50 years or so I might have a couple of  comments to add.  Hence the sign-up.

Actually I have fond memories of Villa Park.  The 1967 Chelsea v Leeds FA Cup SF was one of my first games as a lad.  I seem to remember that the side terrace went below ground level.  My brother and I were at the front, standing on a box with our eyes just about at the level of the players' boots.  I'm pretty sure that was Villa Park?  Unless it was Hillsborough?

I also had a couple of nice away days with Chelsea there too, specially around Xmas time.  For some reason, Villa v Chelsea often seemed to get scheduled in the festive period at one stage.  To experience the Holte End in full cry back in the day when it was full was actually quite something.  I'm not sure that it has been like that in recent seasons, though.  But that can be said for many grounds. Visiting fans come to Stamford Bridge and sing "is this a library" and secretly you know they are right.  Compared to how it used to be, anyway.  Football has polished away a lot of its character in pursuit of the TV dollar.

Anyway, Villa are a club that I have never been much drawn to in all honesty.  But I will now be following them with interest.  Who knows, if I am in Birmingham I'd probably want to catch a game if possible.  And that is 90% down to JT, who is the best defender of the PL era bar none.  I don't think many Villa fans realise exactly how good he is and what they are getting.  But I'll make those comments in the John Terry thread if I am validated.

The other 10% is Steve Bruce, by the way.  He is a manager I have a soft spot for.