HD Video Camera

Dodgyknees

Hey!

I'm looking to buy an HD video camera which will be used for a few reasons. 

1) My youtube videos (link in sig). So it will need to be good for up close shots and such.

2) I also film videos about the Isle of Wight. So it would need to be good stabilisation features for zoom and so on.

Probably not a huge budget which is why I am asking here. Maybe up to £200.

If you just want 1080p for under £200 a Sony HDR-CX405 (£199 on amazon) is probably your best bet

If you are ok with a lower bitrate for the video (not so good quality but should be fine for youtube etc) then the slightly older model HDR CX240 is available from argos for £129.99 (item 166/5956)

If going for the CX405 you will need to grab a micro sdxc card to use the 50Mbps higher quality video

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

If you just want 1080p for under £200 a Sony HDR-CX405 (£199 on amazon) is probably your best bet

If you are ok with a lower bitrate for the video (not so good quality but should be fine for youtube etc) then the slightly older model HDR CX240 is available from argos for £129.99 (item 166/5956)

If going for the CX405 you will need to grab a micro sdxc card to use the 50Mbps higher quality video

That is the exact one I was looking at. Think it might be the one I go for. Thanks for the advice :) 

No worries, They are good cameras for the money but most people just seem to use their phones now.

If you are not in any real rush for it i would suggest hanging on for a month so see if there are any black friday deals. Amazon will be doing all week/weekend along with most other retaillers on/around Nov 25th and you may get lucky with a price drop on this or maybe one of the £300-400 4k cameras will get slashed in price (They had some of the canon vixia hfr600 cameras last year for under £150 that were usually on sale for about £275

Â