Finally joined! The new dawn

Regista

5 years in the making but I finally made an account this evening. More than anything the reason for this is a serious will to express my opinion somewhere and to debate/discuss things Villa related with a group of passionate people!

I like to consider myself to have a fairly extensive knowledge of the game as far as a non-professional is concerned. The main concern at the minute is the formation moving forward seems to be a 4-2-3-1. The concern being for me at the minute is the 4 most important positions in this formation (2 FB's and 2 CDM's) appear awfully suited, which is causing us to be abhorrently poor defensively.  

The 2 FB's need to provide the width and out balls to players in the middle of the pitch, especially when playing with CAM's on the wing, i.e Grealish (which can I just add, every single thing about his game points to him playing in the middle of the pitch), but that's another debate altogether. The issue with the fullbacks is they aren't playing correctly with regards to the system, for it to work. I'm sure the left side will be addressed when Amavi returns to full fitness. He may have been poor against Luton but when he's back fully fit he will be far and away the best full back in the league. 

This now brings me on to another discussion I am looking forward to having with people with regards to our CDM's. These are vital in this formation, and the right types of players to play here are required for it to be successful. These players have to be able to read the game well and be aware of what's happening with regards to a full 360 view. If they are players who struggle to impose themselves on the opposition (i.e Westwood) the game just passes them by and they cannot influence it. They act as a full 360 degree pivot in this formation and need to be incredibly disciplined to allow the FB's to influence the game. I won't go into more detail as I have an inclination this article will just pass the whole website by and it'll be a waste of my time writing this!

To cut a long story short, I'm also desperate for us to get rid of these players who have plodded along at this club for the last 4 or so years, being massively below par and somehow being given chance after chance. I saw people tweeting Dr Xia today pleading with him four Gabby to stay and that he could be useful. This ambition to keep below average players and give them another chance after producing nothing for the majority of their career is what is holding us back. These players have to go. Again i could delve deeper in to this but maybe this is a discussion to be had with others at a later date.

All in all I'm actually feeling pretty positive still! I think every player signed so far has been the correct one, very impressed! Desperate for a RB and a couple of CM's mind. 

Oh and for the people moaning about Xia selling to buy! I by no means no anything for certain but think about it, the club has been relegated, who have a huge squad that needs trimming and it makes perfect sense to keep the numbers in line with regards to OUT's and IN's, this does not mean we have no  money, it's a business, and cutbacks are needed. 

I hope at least one person reads this so it's not a complete waste of my time! Another positive, I'm prone to a pun or two........