'Shadow Realms'

hogso

Not yet, but soon to be, announced new IP from Bioware. It's set in the present day, and seems to involve ordinary people getting supernatural powers. There are 3 teaser trailers that have been released so far, all of which are live action. Will try to remember to link them when I'm home.

image53.jpg

It will be officially unveiled at Gamescom in Germany, with a live streaming thing on Twitch at 4pm UK time on Wednesday 14th.

Bioware usually deliver, a game from them in a contemporary setting intrigues me.

I expect it to be a typical Bioware kind of open world action RPG with focus on characters/relationships, story, and dialogue. It would be a bit of a shocker if it wasn't, seeing as that is very much 'what they do'. Which is why it interests me so much. Talking to your crew/friends/colleagues and immersing yourself in the world of Mass Effect/Dragon Age/KOTOR/etc. is very easy because the world is so unfamilar and wonderfully realised. I don't doubt the latter will be true again, but will a contemporary setting retain ones attention as well as those set firmly in scifi/fantasy? I hope so.

Maybe there is a little clue in the name, perhaps the player will traverse both our world and the 'shadow realms'?

Edited by hogso

Â