Another point. 14 Draws and 14th place

LancsVillan

a real game of two halves from the boys in Claret and Blue tonight versus Everton

Yes after what can only be described as a woeful first half performance and one where I thought not one player earned his wages Martin O'Neill earned his by making a change at half-time that was much required and what a stroke of genius it was.

Yes I watched the game online tonight and was very depressed at the first half 'performance' where we made Everton look like world beaters.

We were behind in every area, possession, shots and most importantly the goals column. This forebode only bad news as not only is it a couple of years since we have won coming from behind but it was also some four hours since our last goal at VP.

Then the change that I honestly thought won us the point, off went the ineffective Gav McCann and on came Patrik Berger. To be fair to Gav for a nano-second MO'N could have taken just about anyone off but he was having a mare.

Right from the start of the second half Villa were up for it piling pressure onto the Toffees goal, John Carew bringing two excellent saves out of Tim Howard. (That said if a certain Columbian or Brummie had missed those chance they could expect a public hanging, JC still has the fans 100% backing there)

We pressed and pressed, the commentator called it a bombardment, me I felt that was unfair as that would mean we were playing long ball after long ball, but in this game we weren't. WE were playing some quite good football and on the ground.

Barry and Berger were bossing the midfield and Petrov too improved. I feel Stan is probably doing his best work when you don't actuallu see him!

On the game went and Everton had two good shots, one of which Tommy spilled but on second viewing it moved late and at least it never went in.

Then we got the goal our second half performance warranted as Carew chased a nother through ball, collided fairly with Howard and Gabby Agbonlahor was on hand to knock in th rebound.

A good point and a good second half. More of the second half at Ewood on Saturday please lads.

(That said if a certain Columbian or Brummie had missed those chance they could expect a public hanging, JC still has the fans 100% backing there)

i thought it was a good read but i have no idea what this added to your article.

Carew has been here 6 games, do you rememeber the support angel had when he first arrived?

Â