I'll be down there reet soon...

Been checking out these forums for a few weeks now waiting for the opportunity to introduce myself.

I've recently agreed to take on a teaching post at a school in the Witton area as my wife and I have decided to move down here from the north east with our daughters.

I start after Christmas and we've been in the process of looking at houses in the local area. My wife is originally an Erdington girl and her parents are hoping we end up close by. I've got to say I think the area is cracking and I am hoping we get one of a few properties we've looked at.

Her brother is a diehard Villa fan and has been a season ticket holder for most of his life and in the 7 years I've known him, I've been to around 5 games with him - mostly when we have visited the in laws in the past.

I've never really supported a club up here in the North East as I don't live within a close distance to any particular clubs. But every time I've seen Villa play with my brother in law, I've been bang into it and really felt a passion for the lads. The supporters have been amazing - cracking bunch of chaps - and I've caught the bug in a massive way.

Possibly about to live within a relative stones throw of Villa Park and already invested in a love for the people and the area - with an inherited Villa family - I've asked my brother if there is a possibility of getting a season ticket and making this habit an obsession.

I can't wait to experience that!

Hoping to be around on the these boards for the foreseeable future and beyond...simply wanted to introduce myself.