The attendance question

BOF

Could it be as simple as a large percentage of the local population not having the disposable income to support the team ? Or could that at least be a contributory factor ? Although you'd think Liverpool or definitely Everton would have the same/worse problem(s).

Having spent some time working in the North East I wouldn't say it was a more affluent area than Brum, far from it.

Same with Manchester and Liverpool and aren't Villa's prices cheaper than most. Levi was on today complaining about the need to find a bigger ground because they had more fans than seats, and they average about the same as Villa

Like I said its all very inter related all the points raised, my gut feeling from other peoples comments who are looking much deeper than me is that Villa's problem is we don't have that many interested fans as we like to think.

It could simply be Birmingham isn't a hot bed of football fanaticism, it has an ethnic population, especially around Villa Park who simply are not football fans and that doesn't help

Take me, if we had a ground with a drop in from the M6 with decent parking that allowed me to escape within 15 minutes or a facility that encouraged me to, cheaply, remain after the match until I could get away I'd be more encouraged :)

Â