Raver's Wanderings

Raver50032

Very busy itinerary this year that will put paid to much of my savings, but hey-ho... you only live once... and I'm 44 now. I'm very lucky I can do this, I know that and this isn't a boasting thread...

June 2019 - Normandy, to commemorate 75th anniversary of D-Day... This is an aviation themed tour (about a week) to tie in with 'Dakotas Over Normandy,' where it is planned for between 35 and 50 DC-3 Dakotas from around the world will be performing mass flypasts and parachute drops over the Normandy beach areas. If you do not know what a DC-3 Dakota is, it's a two engine 1940s era transport aircraft, and some still perform revenue earning service around the world. My trip involves me also having a flight on one of the DC-3s over the beaches. Most poignant.

July - 7 day staycation based in Witney (Oxon or Gloucs?) - anyway, that's my base for the Royal International Air Tattoo... six days on the base. Last year, I took over 17,000 pictures there... I'm a sad old word removed.

August - Cruising with my daughter to the fjords of Norwegian Norway, courtesy of P&O.

September - my first long haul flight and an adventure to the west coast of USA. 11 hours there and 10 hours back! Heathrow to Los Angeles. Reason for the trip is aviation related, with two airshows (Lemoore and Miramar) and photography at several US Air Force and Naval air stations in the San Diego and LA area... Highlight of the trip should be two performances by the USN Blue Angels display team.

October - astrophotography and night landscape workshop in Slovenia. Yes, I take photos of stars, as well as aircraft.

January 2020 - astrophotography, night landscapes and northern lights around Lofoten (North Norway).

Busy times... and lots of photos.

• Like 2

Just now, Raver50032 said:

September - my first long haul flight and an adventure to the west coast of USA. 11 hours there and 10 hours back! Heathrow to Los Angeles. Reason for the trip is aviation related, with two airshows (Lemoore and Miramar) and photography at several US Air Force and Naval air stations in the San Diego and LA area... Highlight of the trip should be two performances by the USN Blue Angels display team.

I should add... I will probably look to wear a Villa top to these two airshows, so if any other Villa nutters are there with their Villa merch on them, I will probably say hi.

Â