Should Villa change their badge back to the round one?

NibblyPig

Which is your preferred badge?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preferred badge?

• The current shield ("Prepared")
    • The round one (used from 1970s to early 90s)
    • Other (specify)

I like the old better than the latest. However, the old one does look very much like the one of Bayer Munich and the official UEFA logo...

That doesnt bother anything at all, but the one with Bayer Munich have sometimes made me wonder about history, where the logo came from and so on...

All of this, how the new badge came about and how the original badge as depicted on the wonderful old trinity road forever killed by a certain chairman, was detailed in one of the old programmes when Abdul announced the last change. Over the next few days Ill try and find it out again - unless people like John Lerwill can shed any light on this

Seeing his above comments clears it up, but you could understand the original confusion seeing how that was his first contribution to the thread

I just thought that it was interesting. The rebranding at the time was very necessary, and it was part of a whole raft of things dreamt up by quite possibly, at that time, the most imaginative marketing department in football, the same group of people who brought Pele and Santos to Villa Park. I think that the energy and vision brought to the club at that time was amazing, and the badge was very much a part of that.

It's interesting to see a Doug Ellis invention being so popular, don't you think?

Personally I think that the current badge is a much better embodiment of what Aston Villa is, but I can understand the nostalgia connected to the badge worn during our greatest hour.

Â