Firearm Enthusiast Thread

Dom_Wren

On 10/3/2013 at 10:46, Dom_Wren said:

Ok guys,

I have had conversations with mods about this thread and am going to preface a few things we talked about.

This thread is primarily for the discussion of firearms by enthusiasts, think of it as the gym thread, if your interested in firearms or have genuine questions then please by all means join in. I feel i can give a unique perspective being an Englishman who has got interested in target shooting etc.. (more on that later).

As one of the mods said "I dont want to be moderating another bolitics thread" and who can blame them.

Many thanks in advance.

I posted this on first page of this thread, thought it may be a good time to re-post it.

Managed to get out and shoot my Smith and Wesson M & P AR-15 today. Went to the Charlotte rifle club and wow, what an awesome day. The range officers, taught me everything about my rifle, how to assemble and dissemble it, how to clean and hold and fire correctly. We sighted it in at 25 and then 50 yards. I have an iron sight on mine which was really tough to hit a 12 inch target at 50 yards, my buddy has exactly the same weapon as me, but with a scope so tried his and was hitting 2 inch groups at 50 (which is nothing impressive, but showed me i needed a scope!) his rifle is below.

vo0g3a.jpg

The guys at the range were so friendly and helped me a ton, they also said the rifle i bought was great for bang for the buck, which when i researched it was exactly what i found, but nice to hear it from real shooters and not reviews on the net.

So i spent about 3 hours sighting my rifle and shooting at 50 yards. What this taught me was wow, how much work i have to do to get decent at this, which is what i want, a challenge. Like i have mentioned this is my golf if you like, so for me to get proficient at 100 and 200 yards i am going to have to practice. but when i hit a couple of good shots today the rush of getting better at something was present.

Me trying to get my grip balance right:

30t2is0.jpg

Have ordered a scope for mine tonight and may try and get out to a buddy's who has some land this weekend to try my shotgun with some clay pigeon (skeet here in the US) shooting.

On 2/22/2016 at 18:30, Dom_Wren said:

The guys at the range were so friendly and helped me a ton, they also said the rifle i bought was great for bang for the buck, which when i researched it was exactly what i found, but nice to hear it from real shooters and not reviews on the net.

So i spent about 3 hours sighting my rifle and shooting at 50 yards. What this taught me was wow, how much work i have to do to get decent at this, which is what i want, a challenge. Like i have mentioned this is my golf if you like, so for me to get proficient at 100 and 200 yards i am going to have to practice. but when i hit a couple of good shots today the rush of getting better at something was present.

Well Dom, it would help if you bought a proper rifle rather than this G.I. Joe wannabe nonsense.

Edited by villakram
removed needless political nonsense :|

Another fantastic day at the range, hit up Leeds public range about 45 minutes from the house, got there for first light and place was empty, did 3 hours and fired my AR-15, Shotgun, and .45 semi automatic pistol, also shot my mates 1925 Mosin Nagant single bolt action rifle. pics below!

First light:

10mpzpt.jpg

First shot of the day prep:

2qhzv4x.jpg

1925 bolt action Mosin Nagant

25swr2u.jpg

AR-15 sighting in scope at 50 yards 

s3mwco.jpg

at 75

juzsra.jpg

at 100

pal91.jpg

Bully at 100 first shot-quit after that and got out this....

167ts7a.jpg

shotgun prep

2ahek4o.jpg

shotgun results using slugs.

2eeafd4.jpg

Brilliant fun, got really busy at 10am and we left, but gonna try and do that at least once per month. By the way the lad i shoot with is an English fella from Milk N Beans. Should see of those country lads at the range when they here in a posh BBC accent, "Did you get Jerry!? good shot old boy!"

A pro-gun activist has been accidentally shot in the back by her four-year-old son.

Just hours earlier Jamie Gilt, 31, had boasted about how her child had been taking part in firearm safety training.

Police say the injured woman told them he had fired the gun through the back of her seat while he was sat in the rear of the car in which they were travelling in Putnam County, Florida.

Huff

Edited by Xann

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

So close to a Darwin award. A damn shame.

As the story says though it's going to be a guilt the child carries for the rest of its life.

Just as well the kid didn't have to live with the reality of actually killing its mother. 

2vxgdwz.jpg

Only went out to buy a gun belt....got that and a 40 Rd magazine for my AR, 14 Rd mag for my .45, 120 x .223/.556 nato, 50 x .45, and 50 x .357 rds for the weekend and 20 x .45 hollow points for the new magazine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Monday April 4th: 100 yards

1st magazine

dzgow9.jpg

2nd short burst, the 5 in the middle diamond are mine, well happy with that.

2monhhu.jpg

The collection

2zolrnq.jpg

Shotgun slug damage at 15 yards

54eu10.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

sorry mate?? im confused!?

I am knackered so could be completely confused myself, in which case apologies, but your first photo appears to be a picture of someone's tattoo with 'Blood honour' on it, which seems out of place.

7 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I am knackered so could be completely confused myself, in which case apologies, but your first photo appears to be a picture of someone's tattoo with 'Blood honour' on it, which seems out of place.

this is what im seeing mate:

20r4cba.jpg

4 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Nah, I can see the tattoo too. 

And your laptop date is wrong, it's not the 4th June! ;)

im getting worried this a wind up now!

and ha bloody ha, ;)

Â