Firearm Enthusiast Thread

Dom_Wren

If you want to improve long distance shooting with a rifle Dom, then I would suggest spending a whole day on a short range (25m) just zeroing your weapon. You will get a feel for the sights and just how sensitive they can be to even slight movements . Even your breathing will affect your shooting and will be even more noticeable at greater distances. When you can get a 5 round grouping into a hole the size of a quarter, then you are ready to to go long. Try and release the shot at the sweet spot between breaths and squeeze the trigger in a controlled , smooth manner . Dont snatch at it . 

You actually sound like Jack Reacher

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brumerican said:

If you want to improve long distance shooting with a rifle Dom, then I would suggest spending a whole day on a short range (25m) just zeroing your weapon. You will get a feel for the sights and just how sensitive they can be to even slight movements . Even your breathing will affect your shooting and will be even more noticeable at greater distances. When you can get a 5 round grouping into a hole the size of a quarter, then you are ready to to go long. Try and release the shot at the sweet spot between breaths and squeeze the trigger in a controlled , smooth manner . Dont snatch at it . 

Cheers mate! Top advice and I shall follow that. Been trying to get my mate at the range but he's got family stuff. Hope to be able to spend a day getting familiar with my weapon and zeroing in my sights. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought this for a little bit of home defense, you know, postmen and paper boys etc.  Got it modded to take 50.cal rounds for the extra power.  Over 5,000 rpm too, so could probably take out tanks if I ever saw any.. you can never be too careful.

latest?cb=20080731191341

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Seriously though home defence shotgun rounds, what do they do, lock your doors and call the police for you?

They turn burglars into Swiss cheese but they shouldn't go through a wall and kill your neighbours. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

They turn burglars into Swiss cheese but they shouldn't go through a wall and kill your neighbours. 

So burglars are safe as long as they carry some drywall? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Just bought this for a little bit of home defense, you know, postmen and paper boys etc.  Got it modded to take 50.cal rounds for the extra power.  Over 5,000 rpm too, so could probably take out tanks if I ever saw any.. you can never be too careful.

latest?cb=20080731191341

Want.

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Just upgraded my 99' Ford Fiesta too, makes the family feel safe;

56b88da28f414695ed82385b7e391a7d.jpg

Liberals car.

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Seriously though home defence shotgun rounds, what do they do, lock your doors and call the police for you?

dont spread as far as other rounds. oh and make you a cuppa after the police have been.

2 hours ago, limpid said:

So burglars are safe as long as they carry some drywall? 

Id say kryptonite, but if b and q has run out, drywall is solid option.

3 hours ago, villakram said:

Home defence.... ya, keep telling yourself that.

I've spent the whole hour telling myself "home defense" as you said, and  I cant get out of my mind Lescott spamming balls into the Holte. You swine you.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

I've spent the whole hour telling myself "home defense" as you said, and  I cant get out of my mind Lescott spamming balls into the Holte. You swine you.

Way out of order that, I only drive a little Honda :(

a few more dead

Five people were killed at a restaurant and two at a car dealership. A 14-year-old girl was among those killed.

The channel also said that an eight-year-old died at the restaurant, quoting local police.

strong case building for allowing children to carry defensive assault weapons

I carry a handgun every day for work, and by far most interesting aspect to gun use is at the end of every shift where I unload and attempt to eject the round in the chamber in such a way that it pops directly up into the air and I can catch it.

Dropping it is bitterly disappointing, but I'm currently on a 4 shift streak.

• Like 1

I carry a handgun every day for work, and by far most interesting aspect to gun use is at the end of every shift where I unload and attempt to eject the round in the chamber in such a way that it pops directly up into the air and I can catch it.

Dropping it is bitterly disappointing, but I'm currently on a 4 shift streak.

But surely you only use the gun to shoot bottle tops off, and to scare Dr Carl Kennedy when you're drinking in Lassiters.

#stereotypesarefun

12 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

But surely you only use the gun to shoot bottle tops off, and to scare Dr Carl Kennedy when you're drinking in Lassiters.

#stereotypesarefun

Carl Kennedy is a national treasure.

If we're talking about Neighbours alumni i'm going to gratuitously segue into Eliza Taylor in The 100 being my current favourite celebrity. What a babe.

Â