Firearm Enthusiast Thread

Dom_Wren

28 minutes ago, Dom_Wren said:

Another great question, not as often as I should!

your supposed to clean your semi automatic handguns less than your revolvers and you semi automatic rifles more often. I believe it’s the heavier caliber leaves more residue and gunk for want of a better word! Again no expert but that’s what I’ve been told!

i actually find it therapeutic cleaning my guns! 

Calibre

Edited by legov

I’ve been thinking about guns a bit over the past week or so. I went clay pigeon shooting for the first time ever for my birthday the other day (late 20’s now) and you know what, I bloody loved it. Not only that, but out of about 25 shots, I think I only missed the target 4 times - I was quite good at it. 

Infact, I enjoyed it that much, that I have thought about getting myself an over & under shotgun so I can go clay pigeon shooting at the local ranges when I want to. 

There is no denying that shooting is great fun, I get the whole thing, I really do. In my opinion, it’s akin to playing golf! I’m a law abiding citizen and I will take all the necessary safety precautions to ensure that I am complicit with what the law dictates. I don’t see any harm in that. There isn’t any harm in that, is there? 

Things are really sensitive at the moment, I almost feel bad for being interested in the sport of it...

Edited by Tayls
Typos

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’ve been thinking about guns a bit over the past week or so. I went clay pigeon shooting for the first time ever for my birthday the other day (late 20’s now) and you know what, I bloody loved it. Not only that, but out of about 25 shots, I think I only missed the target 4 times - I was quite good at it. 

Infact, I enjoyed it that much, that I have thought about getting myself an over & under shotgun so I can go clay pigeon shooting at the local ranges when I want to. 

There is no denying that shooting is great fun, I get the whole thing, I really do. In my opinion, it’s akin to playing golf! I’m a law abiding citizen and I will take all the necessary safety precautions to ensure that I am complicit with what the law dictates. I don’t see any harm in that. There isn’t any harm in that, is there? 

Things are really sensitive at the moment, I almost feel bad for being interested in the sport of it...

Mate that’s ace. Only 4 missed! I think I only hit 4!! I love the old clay pigeon. Skeet shooting they call it here. PULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Personally, I'd ban golf as well. 

There are arguments for that, definitely - the use of water in dry places, the destruction of forests for manicured greens, the sheer tedium of the game and so on.

But on the other hand, if it was banned the shops and pubs in our towns and cities would be full of sexist clearings in the woods in stupid clothes at the weekend :P

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, maqroll said:

You like to conceal a weapon, eh?

only when i go across the mason dixon line ;)

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

What do you do currently when you travel to or through a state that doesnt allow conceled carry? 

I have it unloaded, in a locked case separate from my ammo.

Reason its good for me, is that GA didnt recognize anybody but GA CCW's, which is a mess as all you have to do to get one is apply! no gun training, no legal training, just apply, show your a resident and bingo. 

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

I'm not a gun guy but the political atmosphere in the US is tense with one side openly advocating for mass violence.

So I want to learn how to handle a firearm. I took a pistol class years ago but never got a gun.

This gun looks interesting because it's more than a pistol but less than a rifle. And it's collapsible which is pretty cool.

They're supposed to be easy guns to learn on as well. 

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm not a gun guy but the political atmosphere in the US is tense with one side openly advocating for mass violence.

So I want to learn how to handle a firearm. I took a pistol class years ago but never got a gun.

This gun looks interesting because it's more than a pistol but less than a rifle. And it's collapsible which is pretty cool.

Look, I wouldn't want to sell the UK as a great place at the moment, but compared to the US... 

Get yourself over here, pal. 

53 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Look, I wouldn't want to sell the UK as a great place at the moment, but compared to the US... 

Is the right answer for me

The answer should never be "I need a gun to protect myself" it should be "I need to move" 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I have an elderly mother to look after, otherwise I'd consider it.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, maqroll said:

Out of interest, how much does gun violence play on your mind on a day to day basis? To outside observers it seems like an insane situation, but I imagine when you’re there you just kind of pretend it isn’t happening, and 99.9% of the time that attitude works? But then you have these horrendous avoidable tragedies. Hard to relate to.

• Like 1

Â