How many points from the next 7 game?

PieFacE

we could of been 4/5 down against City at the weekend

Over the entire 90 minutes they managed 7 shots on target. I think people are (not for the first time) attributing possession to goals scored. Unless you think Guzan is garbage and could've let everything in :P

Anyhoo, I respectfully disagree.

Possession doesn't mean anything, its the overall score after the 90 minutes, plus whatever injury time is added on. You have to be mad/slightly deluded to think City were going to at least score 4/5 after the first 20 minutes of the match.

I'm not quite sure what the significance of looking at the the next 7 games is, but that would take us up to 13 games and it would certainly be a major boost if we could get to 20 or more points by then. 

It's been a little while since we achieved that sort of start:

Points after 13 matches

05/06 - 12

06/07 - 22

07/08 - 24

08/09 - 23

09/10 - 21

10/11 - 17

11/12 - 16

12/13 - 10

So we need 11+ points to give us the sort of start we used to get routinely under MON....

• Like 2

I'm not quite sure what the significance of looking at the the next 7 games is, but that would take us up to 13 games and it would certainly be a major boost if we could get to 20 or more points by then.

It's been a little while since we achieved that sort of start:

Points after 13 matches

05/06 - 12

06/07 - 22

07/08 - 24

08/09 - 23

09/10 - 21

10/11 - 17

11/12 - 16

12/13 - 10

So we need 11+ points to give us the sort of start we used to get routinely under MON....

That would be nice!

Can someone with more time on their hands with me go through the odds and see what the bookies think for the next few games? 

okgreatthanks.

Hull 13/10     Draw 11/5     AV 21/10 (Bet 365)

AV 10/3        Draw 13/5     Spurs 4/5 (Bet 365)

AV 2/1          Draw 23/10   Everton 5/4 (BWin)

That's as far as they go to.

cheers folski!

right so the bookies suggest no points from the next 3. i wonder what odds they'd give on us getting more points than that from the next 3 games?!

Looks out to me, I'd say we'll get at least a point from those! I reckon we should do better than a point a game, 10 would be a decent return. Anything else and we're really improving. We're yet to really get going too which is interesting, I think we'll hit a good run of form at some point this season, we've been hot and cold so far so who knows, those saying we'll get 14 or more I really hope are right be we shouldn't be expecting that kind of return. At least not until we manage to string together a run of unbeaten games and get a bit of momentum...

We have taken 50% of our points so far this season, and the next 7 games should on paper be easier then the first six. In addition our new players should be more settled, and therefore 12 points should be a fair guess.

Edited by viivvaa66

I'd prefer a few draws, for purely esthetic reasons. Our table slot looks prettier with as many or more draws than losses. *tongue somewhat in cheek smiley* That said, I reckon 13 points. A good period.

Winning tomorrow will be a huge boost. That'd mean 3 wins on the bounce, 4 wins in total from 7 games. It'll take the sting away from a loss against Spurs (not guaranteed though, you never know!) and will have given us a rather good start to the season considering what we've had to face. Realistically, I think that around 13-16 points is do-able, which would put us on 22-25 points. That'd be a pretty healthy return and set us up nicely for December. There's some important (winnable) games around December/New Year so a good points tally before then would see us with a good shot at achieving that upper mid-table finish that we crave.

I'd prefer a few draws, for purely esthetic reasons. Our table slot looks prettier with as many or more draws than losses. *tongue somewhat in cheek smiley* That said, I reckon 13 points. A good period.

Draws have been our downfall in the premier league era, also under MON.

I have no problem with us losing more games to win more, afterall we got more points from the Newcastle/Norwich games than two battling draws would've got.

Â