The SAS of strike partnerships

Guest av1

After plops win today I've saw quiet a few people on different forms of social media suggesting saurez and sturrigde are the league's best partnership. Now I don't believe that for a second (certainly to early to make bold statements) but it got me thinking. Who made the most devastating strike partnership?

I think Suarez is the best player in the prem, but the best partnership has to be Rooney and Van Persie. Still, if Sturridge keeps up his form it'd be close. And then there's City where you can pair Aguero with Dzeko or Negredo for a pretty great duo.

I don't think I was clear in my opening post (my bad sorry) I wasn't asking about current premier league partnerships, I'm thinking anytime.

Keeping this limited to the premiership, the original SAS, Shearer and Sutton were pretty awesome. But for me the best premier league strike force I've seen is Cole and Yorke, they had an incredible 'telepathic' understanding. This goal basically summed up their partnership:

I don't think I was clear in my opening post (my bad sorry) I wasn't asking about current premier league partnerships, I'm thinking anytime.

I'd say that Kenny Dalglish & Ian Rush was the best partnership that ever played in this country.  A guaranteed 50 goals a season from those two. 

Keeping this limited to the premiership, the original SAS, Shearer and Sutton were pretty awesome. But for me the best premier league strike force I've seen is Cole and Yorke, they had an incredible 'telepathic' understanding. This goal basically summed up their partnership:

I love that goal too, but one thing that is probably worth mentioning is the performance of the Barcelona number 22, the centre half who gave Andy Cole the freedom of the Camp Nou.  It was awful defending. 

The player was a 19 year old called Samuel Okunowo. This was one of only 14 appearances (8 starts) he made for Barca. He was farmed out on loan to Benfica the next season, did bugger all there then spent five years pottering around the lower leagues of eastern Europe and not really playing very much for any club he signed for. Before he turned 30 (or at least before his birth certificate said he turned 30) he was reduced to trials at non league clubs. He didn't make the first team at Northwich Victoria or Waltham Forest. 

So yeah, great goal but a big helping hand from probably the worst player in Barcelona's recent history. 

Â